This year, my co-chair Amy (aka @fruitlady) and I decided to get things going in plenty of time time for you all to have HEAPS AND HEAPS of art for the auction. Let's take it all to a new level this year! Amy is already talking to her school art teacher to get her son's classes involved. Talk about a ROCKIN' start!
Whadya say? Wanna play?
This year, the beneficiary will be The Nature Conservancy. It is their mission to "preserve the plants, animals and natural communities that represent the diversity of life on Earth by protecting the lands and waters they need to survive." Kinda perfect for Earth Day, right?
---------- FOR PARENTS ----------
1. Have your little artist (aged 17 or younger) draw, paint, scribble... whatever... a masterpiece no larger than 24" or weighing more than 13 ounces. Or take from their stock, seeing as we all have stacks and stacks of their artwork sitting around, right? Please be sure careful about what artwork you pick though - do not reveal anything too private! This *is* the online world, after all! You do NOT have to be a blogger to participate! Come one, come all!
2. Have your kid(s) agree to donate their artwork to the 2nd annual Kids Art Auction for Earth Day.
3. By participating, you agree to incur the shipping costs of your kid's artwork to whoever "wins" their piece. To help keep this cost reasonable, the auction is restricted to the USA and Canada only.
4. Take a nice, clear digital photo of the piece you are donating.
5. Make sure you are a Flickr member (it's free!), and the join the Kid Art Auction For Earth Day 2009 Group.
6. Add the photo of your child's artwork to the Kid Art Auction For Earth Day 2009 Pool.
7. Once the bidding closes (UPDATED: April 30th, 2009) and you receive confirmation of their donation, ship the art to the winner!
---------- FOR BIDDERS ----------
1. Visit the Kid Art Auction For Earth Day 2009 Pool and peruse the masterpieces from all the kids participating.
2. Bidding starts at $5.00 for every work of art.
3. Make comments on each piece of art's Flickr page to place your bids.
4. Closing date and time for the auction is 8pm Mountain time, April 30, 2009.
5. After the closing time, I will go through the Flickr pool and finalize the winning bids.
6. Winners will be notified via Flickr mail! So please be a member of Flickr!
7. Once you know you are a winner, please make a donation in the winning amount to: THE NATURE CONSERVANCY. All donations are tax deductible. If you bid on multiple pieces, add your total together to make 1 total contribution.
8. Once you have confirmation of your donation, copy and paste it into a Flickr mail to the parent of the artist (deleting any confidential information, of course!) and the parent will view that as a receipt for the donation. Let's all play nice here - OK? No cheating? This will be totally fun for the kids and it's for the earth, right???
9. Include your shipping information in the Flickr mail, and the parent will then ship (via the cheapest mail delivery option) your won artwork to you!
---------- FOR BLOGGERS ----------
1. If you are a parent, have your kid(s) participate!
2. Either way, spread the word - via blog post or email or retweet! Below are badges for you to use! Please link back to *this post* to provide more info.
3. Follow @kidartauction on Twitter for all the latest details.
4. Stumble this post! And thanks to Isabel and PBS SuperSisters for promoting it! Please add your post too!
LET'S ROCK EARTH DAY, YOs!
Thank you thank you thank you!
P.S. Extra special props to Izaac from last year for the awesome earth artwork in the logo!